Join us online at 1:30 pm (EST) for a review of activities and plans for the coming year.
To register send your name, preferred email and telephone no. to gro.i1628095860aftl@1628095860tcatn1628095860oc1628095860.
Membership fees are due by April 16th! Not a member? Join today!
Lithuanian Museum-Archives of Canada
Our new exhibition: “Siūlas/Thread” is our contribution to the 2017 Year of the National Costume celebrations in Lithuania. Come and see how two fundamental components – raw linen and wool, are transformed into articles full of artistic interpretation and adapted to daily life from early days to modern-day creations.
Juosta/sash weaving demonstrations will be given on Sundays.
Works on display by:
- 19th/early 20th century homestead artisans
- Folk artists from the Displaced Persons camps in post WWII Germany
- Anastazija and Antanas Tamošaičiai – founders of the Lithuanian Folk Art Institute of the Diaspora,
- members of LT Folk Art Institute,
- Calgary artist – Elytė Balkytė-Zubis,
- Toronto designer Akvilė Minkevičienė, and,
- contemporary fashion designers from Lithuania (slide show).
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.